Datensatz vom 09.10.2011
Anzahl der Spieler:
Frei ab 4 Jahre
0/10 bei 0 Bewertungen
A simple version of Shogi (Dōbutsu Shōgi = animal shogi).
Every player has just 4 pieces (Chick, giraffe, elephant and lion) and try to either catch the opponents lion or promote the lion to the other side. The board is just 3×4 squares, so its a rather short game, aimed for interesting kids in Shogi. But even if you are adults, it is enjoyable.
- The giraffe moves like a rook, but limited to one-space movement.
- The elephant moves like a bishop, but limited to one-space movement. (Interestingly, in XiangQi and Tamerlane Chess, the elephant moves precisely two spaces diagonally.)
- The chick is directly analogous to the pawn/soldier of Shogi, promoting to a full-grown chicken, equivalent of the gold general in Shogi.
- The lion is analogous to a king, except that he can win essentially by promoting, as long as it doesn't leave him in check.
- Even on this 3×4 board, you are still able to drop in pieces that you captured from your opponent!
- Unlike in Shogi, you can drop a chick for mate or have two chicks in a column.